The "Consolidate Customer Profiles" function in Blastramp helps manage web orders from integrated web stores like Shopify, preventing the creation of numerous customer profiles and linking them under a master customer profile based on the "order term."
Part 1: Setting Up Order Terms to Link Web Orders
- Navigate to Advanced > Administration > DC Setting section > Order Terms.
- Create an order term with a name that exactly matches (case-sensitive) the order term used in your web store.
- Click "Save"
Part 2: Creating the Customer Master Profile
Option 1: Create a New Master Customer Profile
- Go to Customers > Create a new customer.
- Provide a customer name such as "E-COMM ORDERS" or "WEB ORDERS." For example, use "WEB ORDERS CANADA."
- Complete all mandatory fields, using hyphens if needed.
- Select the newly created order term (from Part 1) in the "Default Order Terms" dropdown.
- Choose the desired Default Freight Terms.
- Set "Default Product Tax" and "Default Freight Tax" to "0" since the actual tax amounts will be copied from your web store.
Option 2: Choose an Existing Customer as the Master
- If you already have a suitable customer profile, you may use it as the master customer profile instead of creating a new one.
- Ensure the selected customer has the appropriate order term from Part 1 in the "Default Order Terms" dropdown.
- Adjust the "Default Freight Terms", "Default Product Tax" and "Default Freight Tax" if needed.
Part 3: Completing the Link
- Return to the Order Terms setup page.
- Edit the order term created in Part 1.
- In the "Master Profile" dropdown, select the customer profile created in Part 2 (or the existing one chosen).
- Click "Save."
With the "Consolidate Customer Profiles" function in place, web orders coming in from your integrated web store with the same order term (from Part 3) will be automatically consolidated under the designated "WEB ORDERS" customer master profile. This ensures better organization and avoids unnecessary duplication of customer profiles in Blastramp.
By following these steps, you can efficiently manage web orders, prevent clutter, and maintain a streamlined customer database in Blastramp.