This function is usually used for web orders. When blast ramp is integrated with a webstore like Shopify, orders are automatically pushed to blast ramp. If blast ramp does not recognize the customer profile, it will create a new customer. As a result, you will end up a large amount of customers that you may not want recorded in blast ramp.
To resolve this, blast ramp has a function to set a master customer to hold these web orders linking the orders by "order term".
Part 1: Create Order Term to Link the Web Orders
- To setup Order Terms, go to Advanced > Administration > DC Setting section, Order Terms
- The name of the order term must be exactly the same (case sensitive) as your web store's order term.
- Click Save
Part 2: Create Customer Master Profile
You may choose to create a new master customer profile or choose an existing one to be the master.
- To create a new one, go to Customers > Create a new customer
- Customer Name - We recommend using a name like "E-COMM ORDERS" or "WEB ORDERS". In my example, I will use "WEB ORDERS CANADA"
Please note the usual mandatory fields apply. Use hyphen to satisfy the requirement.
- Select the newly created order term in Part 1 in Default Order Terms dropdown
- Select the desired Default Freight Terms.
- Enter "0" in Default Product Tax and Default Freight Tax. The actual tax amount will be copied from your web store.
Part 3: Complete the Link
- Go back to Order Terms setup page
- Edit the Order Term you have created in part 1
- Select the master customer in part 2 in the Master Profile dropdown
- Click Save
Outcome: As web orders come in from your integrated webstore with the same order term as part 3, the system will consolidate all web orders under WEB ORDERS customer master profile.